Monday, September 19, 2011

for the love of music.

i love the piano. some of my favorite childhood memories were of my siblings and i squeezing in tight around my mom to watch her play. my younger sister would come right to the edge of the piano, her nose almost touching the keys as she watched in amazement as my mom's hands flew up and down. all three of us would beg her to teach us, so mom would take our hands and fold our fingers down to where just our two pointers were sticking out, and she would play chopsticks with them. we would giggle as our little fingers touched the keys. it was like a small wonder, that music coming from this beautiful instrument. i took piano lessons for a couple of years but never became passionate about it until of course i went to college and there wasn't one around to play. i wish more than anything i had taken it more seriously....especially after watching this:


amazing, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment